Thursday, August 12, 2021

I Will Remember December

 
Sleepless nights makes me remember...
I remember December.
I remember the gogo dragon and  ceasar at KFC I used to order.
I remember them all too well.
But no longer the same.

I remember sitting by the bench at your back
Looking straight at your hair while listening to the talk.
I remember the more than one chance we sat side by side.
And the ride along Espana boulevard.

I remember talking about you with my friends.
I remember him tossing a coin for you so we could be friends.
I remember the rejection after seven days.
And how he comforted me for that heartbreak.

I remember when I thought I'll spend my lifetime
Loving you til the end of time.
But along with the coin as it landed.
My chance and my will to go further has ended.

I remember the blogging
And how I started posting my feelings.
How I wrote the song "Sepulchre in Your Heart"
And how it took me years to record it and let them hear the poignant parts.

I remember the smiles and the afternoon talks
I remember all too well how you walk.
But along with these memories something is missing.
I know in my heart the clock has been ticking.

Somewhere along my journey 
Something was healed indeed.
I still keep the coin pasted in my notebook
Maybe to remember how time changes the heart though not so soon.

But I will always remember December.
I will always remember all too well the verse.
But then came summer and stayed
And it made me look forward to this day.