Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Signs and Prayers

 Here is a very inspiring story that happened a decade ago. 
This is the story of my friend.
A story of signs and prayers.
A story of faith.

It happened when we were still young and carefree. Full of hopes and dreams. When we were so promising and we keep on promising promises half our hearts. When we were still changing for what we thought was better. When we were still taking every chances and leaving all the risks behind. Back when responsibility was just to have our whims.

She wanted to study in UK, it was her dream at that time. 
To study photography and capture the beautiful England.
All the glitters in her eyes everytime she dreams of going to the big clock. To visit the Abbey. To just live her dream.
So I encouraged her to chase it and live it. 

After sometime, she asked God for a sign if this dream was for her. She asked everyday and every night for a sign... A white dove, that was.
But each passing day, no white dove has passed her way.
One day, out of her frustration, she told me about the sign she was asking to God.
I told her that she just have to keep her faith and surely God will give her the sign.

That night, I was about to sleep, she called me and with the most exciting voice she told me her story.

She said - "After our conversation today at work, when I got home as I was having a shower, I saw the soap I am using everyday. Guess what it is... It is a Dove soap. Guess the color... It is white. And for so long God already answered me. The white dove all along was just in front of me everyday, I was just too preoccupied to notice it. After I had my shower, I checked my email and guess what again... My Visa was approved. I am now going to the UK, bessie!"

Oftentimes, we overlook what's in front of us because we already have the picture of the answer to our question.
We already created the vision of what we think we wanted to see.
But faith works differently.
It creates a more intricate and intriguing loops and ripples for us to connect and to realize that the answer was there all along.
It happens that way because God wants us to have a beautiful story.
A story worth sharing.
A story that is inspiring.

After all, those twists make the story a so called Masterpiece.

Footnotes:
Based on a true story