Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What Happens After A Stop

There was a time in my life when my world was sweeter though dreams were far yonder. I was full of hopes, full of dreams though I’m awake. My being awake gave me the chance to finally live those dreams into reality.


Though that world was sweeter, it was blurred. But soon I realized that that sweet blurred world became clear like a dirty glass that was once covered with dusts but suddenly cleansed and all you can do is to wonder how beautiful the tangible vivid glass to behold.


It is nice to behold the reality, the realization of one’s personal legend. But it is such a mocking reality to suddenly realize that as soon as you beheld that tangible vivid glass, the world stopped.


All my life I did not know I was a lame, that that hope kept me alive all those years and now I needed a crutch because I’m crippled without it. I’m dependent. I depend on it. It is actually the feeling of being a child not able to walk alone and so a pair of hands held yours and with that, you were able to walk. So you feel proud that you could actually walk not realizing you were actually depending your steps to those hands. So those hands suddenly let go of your hands. You were left there standing, not moving, not because you cannot walk but because you are actually scared of taking another step without those hands. All these times, I am crippled and I needed a crutch. Dependence made me feel secured but incapable.


I don’t know exactly where to go though the road I’m trudging is so clear. Sometimes, when the road is clear, you are more scared to take a step forward because you could vividly see the dangers ahead.



O! Lord, I don’t know exactly what Your plan is. I’m trying to listen to Your message, to Your will for me, but I’m afraid I’m actually listening too hard that I could hear almost everything including those noises that surround me, hence, I could hardly distinguish Your voice. I am much afraid that too much struggle to hear made me deaf already. I’m afraid that the silence is far more deafening than the noise itself. I am sorry for being so weak. But You are my strength, my shield, my hope. Lead me and You know I will follow. Never let go of me though I’m asking for my riddance. You want what is best, You know what is best, You will do what is best for me. Grant O! Lord my needs and satisfy my desires. Indeed, many are my burdens but greater is my gratitude for Your love bestowed on me. It is more than enough to sustain and to lavishly grant those things I’m asking in prayer. You know me more than I know myself, more than I know my own prayers. I know You have plans for me, for my good and more than that, the best. I hold on to Your will to glorify You here on earth there in heaven. Thank you. In Jesus name. Amen.