Monday, July 10, 2006

The Road Of No Return

At one corner of Nicanor Reyes St. Sampaloc, Manila (a.k.a. Morayta) you will find that one busy street where jeeps going to Divisoria and the like line up for its turn to go, and people from the lower class of life spend the whole day shouting for passengers and smoking their "nth" cigarette. That street is known as P. Paredes, but I prefer to call it "the road of no return" because along that road, the Professional Regulation Commission Office stands. We just finished our application for the Medical Technology Board Exams today, and that means... that's it! No turnning back for that day of "JUDGEMENT". It was a heck day, we are so tired, intoxicated, and pressured. Most of all, am upset about these people who are so unconvinced that I'm a Filipino. Do I have to bring along with me a lawyer all the time, my birth certificate, and an affidavit just to prove that I'm a Filipino citizen? Duh! I just can't seem to understand these people why they keep on bugging me about my looks and my surname... I'm a FILIPINO... end of story!
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Um... I'm actually planning to start writing the short story I've been plotting for over a week now, but I'm having a hard time to actually start it. I thought I'll be needing some quotes from that old American TV series Dawson's Creek, but then, I found myself getting miffed by the Season Finale of that show. I mean, I always thought that if Joey was the sense, then Dawson was the sensibility. But then, it just turned out that, maybe they are just too sensitive that is why they are meant to be "just" bestfriends. Do I have to mention that the radio is actually playing the song that goes - "Someday we'll know... blah... blah... Someday we'll know why I wasn't meant for you..." well, when is SOMEDAY? I want to know right now why Joey wasn't meant for Dawson... Ok! Sounds cheesy! What do you expect from the mind of a bum who blogs sometime and then bum again. Actually, 2 of my co-editors already, are taking their Medical course. The other two are busy for their Review classes, and the other one just got his job... and me?... Duh! WHAT A BUM!
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
I suddenly remember how damn stupid I am. I started up the conversation until it turned out into a "micro" argument. And then I found myself waving the white piece of cloth with the word "LOSER" written on my forehead... haha!!! I mean what I said, but it just turned out that what I mean is actually something stupid. Damn! You know what sucks? It sucks when you fall down and no one is actually there to catch you and the worse, you don't even know where you are going to land. And you know what sucks more than that? It sucks when you found yourself floating on air... I mean floating and NOT flying. It is much better to actually have your feet touching the ground rather than floating without any tangible thing to hold. You are alone hanging out there.