Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Is Dan Brown Right?


I’m having a hard time starting this whole article about the new Superman movie. That means, if I’m having a hard time to start, that would mean, it is harder to finish. But then, I’m getting started now, so the rest will be a history later.
The hard thing in here is that, I’m not making a movie review. I’m doing an article. Reviews? – there are loads of ‘em in the internet, so its just a freakin’ waste to make another one.
So now, am trying to remember scenes, quotes, and other stuffs, as much as I can, to finally come up into something about this – exaggeratedly publicized movie… I’m not exaggerating. But any movie-freak like me, sure, wouldn’t want to miss such overly advertised heck. And not to mention, it would be the talk of the whole neighborhood for quite sometime, ofcourse.
So let’s get this thing on – “…in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Familiar?... that’s John 1:1. Next, “And the word became flesh and dwelt among us.” – John 1:14. One more, “…for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever… blah… blah… blah!” – John 3:16, everybody knows this verse from the Bible, though!
The Hollywood’s version?... – “Even though you've been raised as a human being you're not one of them. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.” – Jor-El
Hmmm! Connections.
So God sent Jesus.
Jor-El sent Superman.
Jesus – as a saviour.
Superman – as the same.
Here goes Dan Brown’s controversy again – that the story of the Holy Grail is just everywhere. Jesus, according to the book I actually admire for its remarkable enigmatic articulacy – (The Da Vinci Code), married Mary Magdalene and they even had a daughter, in which where the blood line of Jesus was actually traced – Sang real.
On the other hand, Superman, though he did not marry Lois Lane, they had a son named Jason.
Tinge of connections, huh!
Remembering the words of Superman to his son – “You may feel outcast but you’re not alone… blah… blah…blah…”, 2 Corinthians 4:9 suddenly popped up into my mind. It goes – “Thou may be persecuted but not forsaken… blah… blah… blah…”. And who’s voice is that again?!
I can’t turn off my mind from playing such plethoric weird ideas, that somehow, Dan Brown is actually right. That the story of the Grail is just in every corner of our old time stories and entertainment.
Somehow, Dan Brown might be right. But until then, the ending of this article, as what I’ve said – is history.