Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ode To You

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be."
----Josh Groban----
(You Raise Me Up)
Dear Papa and Mama,
Greetings in the name of the Lord!!!
First and foremost, my sincerest profound gratitude within my being is dedicated to both of you for being such the most incredibly positive influence in almost every aspect of my life, the pillar of support, the foundation of love, the bedrock of my ambition, the ladder for the pedestal, and my cradle beyond the hostile world.
Papa, I may not be too showy to show you how much I really appreciate you, but I do. Eversince I was a kid, I have seen your strength, determination, principles in life, and your responsibility. You have been a fighter and still you are until now. I have seen your struggles and I know the pain that you’ve been through. Thank you for keeping your promise ( your promise that you will do everything for me to finish my studies). You know that I’ve been through a lot of ditches on my way during my college years, thank you for molding me to be like you… a strong person… enough to face the challenges in this game called life. You have always been my childhood superhero, and even though I’ve grown up through all these years, am still that little girl within my heart, looking up and saluting to my father… my hero.
Mommy, I’ve known you for your emotions. That emotions you always show to us made me realize your vulnerability as a woman… but thank you… because of that I thought once you fragility, I’ve learned the art of compassion. Am sensible… sensitive to the feelings and needs of others because you thought me so. But above all these wonderful emotions I’ve learned from you, am thankful and feel so blessed because you are a woman of great faith in God. I don’t know where would I be right now if you never introduced me to Jesus. Thank you for that most exquisite gift in the world you gave me… that is introducing God to me. Its not the essence of religion but the sense of security. My faith that you molded within me keeps me going on and it makes me feel secure. That faith keeps me through night and day, that faith that even though am all alone in a hostile environment, makes me feel safe and sound. Am secure because God and I are in good vibes… and its all because of you, mommy. Thank you for your guidance, you will always be my favorite teacher, the one who thought me about the life outside the world am in… the world within my soul with God. Thank you for your faith.
I will always be greatful to the Big Guy up above for the both of ye. I couldn’t ask for better parents… I’ve got the best.
My graduation is for the both of you!!!
Labyah!!!
From,
Dess