Monday, February 13, 2006

That Old School Show

I don't want to wait
For our lives to be over
I want to know right know
What will it be
I don't want to wait
For our lives to be over
Will it be yes or will it be sorry
---Paula Cole---
(I Don't Want To Wait)

It is an ordinary cozy afternoon when something happened, and that reminded me of the old school American TV series "Dawson's Creek". I'm an avid fan of this show before. I could still remember my childish routine back 5 years ago when I was still in highschool, I was really not that serious about anything before. I would just take things easy with the thought that everything will just come my way.
I could still remember back then during my highschool years, after class, I don't immediately go home, I used to hang around with my friends for the rest of the afternoon playing our own musical instruments... yeah! yeah!... we were such a "FRUSTRATED BAND" as to say. Sometimes, if we're not in the mood to jam into music, we would just watch VCD and eat whatever edible thing we could find in the refrigerator of whoever house we're in. After a cozy afternoon with friends, I would be home at around 5 pm to watch MTV Most Wanted (I never missed this show before), after that, I'll be doing my homework for about 30 minutes... yup! I don't study my lessons, I just do my homework (which is so far different now that I'm already in college... cause I seldom watch TV anymore, I study most of the time now... cause I have to!). After the homework session, I'll get my guitar and play it until its time for my favorite American TV series. I used to watch 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, and sometimes (not that much) Charmed... but my favorite of all this old American TV series was "Dawson's Creek". There were times when I would rather eat my dinner in front of our TV because I couldn't dare miss Joey and Dawson.
Yes, if Joey was the sense, then Dawson is the sensibility, I love their team. Until now, even though Dawson's Creek is now, just a part of my highschool memory, it is still my all time favorite TV series. Dawson's Creek made me feel how real life is. I admire Joey herself and so with Katie Holmes (one who portrayed the role). I used to have a crush on Joshua Jackson, but I must admit that I really admired and still admire until now the character of Dawson... yeah!, the passionate and loving Dawson. Dawson is the man for me! He made me believe that there are still such few good men after all. So sad, 5 years has passed, but still, I haven't found my "Dawson"...yet! Do I sound too idealistic?...nah-ah! Well, I said "few" good men... maybe they are TOO few, though!
Anyway, I do really miss Dawson's Creek...
While blogging this, I'm listening to the Corrs (for my background music)... yeah! another thing from the old school memorabilia... hmmm! soothing!
Have A Great Week Ahead!!!
... and Happy Hearts Day!!!