Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pinoy Big Brother VS. The "REAL" Big Brother


Date Written : November 12, 2005 (Saturday)
"Righteousness can be faked!"
- Pastor Mon Baldovino -
(Manila Center Adventist Church)
I woke up this morning with a pain at my back, my arms, and my legs... its awful, I should have got this pain from too much work and stress at the hospital, at school, and at home. The whole week was really tiresome and I can't hardly wait for this day (Saturday) cause I'm really damn exhausted.
Yesterday, I was the only intern on duty, so I did all the works at the clinical laboratory. At around 2 pm, I thought I could go home coz I'm done, but the sad thing was, an unexpected call came and my staff told me that new specimens will arrive later that afternoon. So, as what the prophecy said, 2 specimens arrived at the clinical laboratory at exactly 6 pm... so I worked on it and stayed there until 7 pm.

I arrived home at 8 pm and I hurriedly washed my clothes and end up at 10 pm very exhausted. I didn't attend dinner anymore... and I didn't realized that I also forgot to eat my lunch that same day because of too much toxicity from work.
So going back to this morning, I know its Saturday but I'm not so sure if I want to go to the church. So much for my damn confusion, I headed my way straight to the shower room and started to fix myself... so the next thing I know, I was there sitting at the church. I'm still sleepy, but then our pastor started talking in front, and the next thing I know, I was attentively listening to him.
His first punch line was - "Who among here watch Pinoy Big Brother?". So to my (and everybody's) surprise, we all laugh at the question. Then he discussed to us the real meaning of being "HOT" ( fruit of the Spirit), "COLD" (work of flesh), and "LUKEWARM" (resembling hot outward but cold inward). Here, he mentioned that righteousness can be faked. We may look at our church leaders as HOT but then, we never know, they might be really COLD.
I've known someone who are lukewarm, and sometimes, I am too. A lot of times I'm faked by someone's outward hotness, but then, as I've come to know them, they turn out to be clearly lukewarm. Sometimes I fake, and its sad that I hate those who fake righteousness not knowing that am also faking righteousness right before my eyes.
Yes its true, that some Christians are only Christians because they are Christians and they are called Christians, but they are not really Christians. And the bad news is, God knows everything. It is like being in the house of (Pinoy) Big Brother where everything is documented/recorded. We are not justified.
But there is the good news. The good news is that God is not like (Pinoy) Big Brother who sends out those people who cannot abide with his rules. Jesus, which is the World's Big Brother accepts our weaknesses and gave us salvation. No! He will not send you out if everybody hates you, actually, He'll love you even more. He will not send you out even though you cannot abide with His rules... cause there is salvation.
Aren't you glad that our World's Big Brother is Jesus who understands and loves us more than His own self?... me?... I'm glad to know that we don't live in the house of (Pinoy) Big Brother who doesn't have the heart like that of Jesus. But we live on earth with the real Big Brother - Jesus, who constantly loving us and the best part, He gave us salvation... now we're saved!
The bad news : "I know thy works,
that thou art neither cold nor hot,
so then, because thou art lukewarm
and neither cold nor hot,
I will spew thee out of my mouth."
Revelations 3:15-16
The good news : " Behold I stand
at the door and knock,
if any man hear my voice
and open the door,
I will come into him,
and will sup with him and he with Me."
Revelations 3:20