Friday, November 25, 2005

INTERNSHIP BLUES : PART 8 (Tattoos Of Memories)

"Think about the laughs that made you cry,
Think about the sad memories that make you laugh,
If there's one thing that I would never dare to forget,
That's my memory of you."

----Odessa Mann----
(I Have To Runaway)


It has been quite a while since my last "Internship Blues" post. Days had past so quickly and the nights are seldom long... now I'm lost somewhere in my memory... perhaps I've lost my sense of time. Life has never been the same since I left UDMC (United Doctors Medical Center). I wake up each morning without any heterogenous conglomeration of absurdity that bamboozles my anatomy... everyday is just an ordinary day filled with routine exercises from home to laboratory and backwardz at the end of the day.
Yesterday was the graduation of the MICO'05 (Mid-year Interns Class Organization'05). And right now I've realized that that farewell was real and morbid ... morbid to the extent of making me cry... cry to the extent of making me believe that things will never be the same again.
I thought I'm missing our adventures and merry gimmicks, but then, last wednesday, I saw my (just graduated) co-interns back in UDMC, and right there at that moment, I 've realized that its not the adventures nor the all night gimmicks that I'm really missing but the people themselves. Yes, I must admit that I'm struggling to let go of them. My emotional being is so damn filled with those silent reveries that seemed to seeped through my soul - its damn intoxicating!
I'm battling with my own emotions, I've been diving into such silent wishes that we could hangout again - coz I miss them badly. I don't want to sound too pathetic nor too melodramatic Oscar winning line, but if it seems to be like that way, then I guess it is.
I cherish those good ole' days of fun, but I cherish the friendship more - I know I've found a treasure. Never in my frame of mind I imagined that these people will rock my life... but then I'm glad.
So I guess cliches are true, that we'll never know what we've got 'til we say goodbye. Heck with that word - I always had a hard time saying that word, and I always had a hard time convincing myself that its over. That's one weakness I have that I've been trying to kill in the battle of my life's arena. So sad, until now I was not able to succeed. I still found myself pouring my own rain from my own eyes and still feel the coldness of their absence.
Yes, those are the good ole' days that tattoed in my memories. Life goes on... but things are quite strange... but that home is gone... I should build another home... but definitely its different... it will be too hypocritical if I say its damn easy... coz its not!
So lastly, as I hang those portraits of memories of my life... I'll cherish everything but I'll move on... count on it... I will... I just don't know when... but definitely I will wake up someday soon with an open hand.
Gracias!!!... Adios!!! Asta la vista mi amigos amigas!!!