Thursday, October 06, 2005

Message In A Blog:Part 2 (My Paradigm Shift)

Last September 24 was my birthday... I'm already living in this world for 2 decades and a year... yup! I'm 21 years old already.And right now I do really feel that I'm growing old and I'm running out of time to do all the things I wanted and I should do before I started to decay.
I woke up that day and I realized it was raining outside. I was not in the mood yet to get out of my bed, but that was Saturday and I have to go to the church, and besides, its my birthday, I want to give thanks to God for adding another year to my life.So I got myself dressed up and went there.
At the church, we had the breaking of the bread, which, we do not usually do during ordinary Saturday service. So I was a bit happy, inspite of the rainy whether, because I felt that I was special to God (which I know I am) because we had the breaking of the bread on the day of my birthday.
After the worship hour, I went back home to prepare for my night duty at the hospital. I'm not happy anymore because the fact that it was my birthday, yet I don't have enough money anymore (I've spent all my allowance for that week!). So sad! I can't celebrate my birthday, I can't treat my friends, I don't even have a simple gift for myself.
I went to the hospital and started working at 3 pm at that same day. Everyone greeted me a happy birthday, but still, something was missing inside of me that I can't made myself happy. I was just faking a big hollow smile.
So hours passed by, and then it was almost 12 midnight when my friends surprised me with a small birthday party inside the laboratory. Honestly, I was so touched... really, I am!!! I wanted to cry at that very moment but I held back my tears, because they might think I'm too emotional. But if only they know how much I appreciate their simple, wacky, and funny surprise to me. Oh man! I miss them all now!!! (cause destiny held us by the wrist and directed us where to go!!!)
I want to thank them for making my birthday special and memorable. I can't forget that time in my life, and I'll cherish my friends out there forever in my life. I'm lucky to have them, my inner most being is overwhelmed for that wonderful memory they'd left to me... THANK'S DUDES!!!!!!!
The next day (of my birthday), I had a serious talk with my big brother. Its serious because it was about our lives, about what's happening in us. By that time, I've just realized that... hey! I have a great brother. I realized that I'm very lucky for having a brother willing to sacrifice for me.
So what's the PARADIGM SHIFT? Read the Part One and you'll know why. I called this Paradigm shift because right now I can see both sides. I don't see black, I don't see white, what I can see is gray... its TWO SIDES AT A TIME...