Thursday, October 06, 2005

INTERNSHIP BLUES:PART 5 (The Graduation)

During the last week of September...
Monday... was the day I would like to call "the day", because we did everything we've planned to do. Me and my friends went to Kamay-Kainan, an eat-all-you-can restaurant, and we ate there until we can't breath, we had a lot of fun eating there. After the nice and fun meal, we went straight to SM west and played a lot of different games at the arcade (I like the firing - its nice to hold a riffle and feel its power as you shoot the target!) its really nice! After those games, we rent a mini KTV room and had a party in there. Life really rocks! Let's get wrecked!
Tuesday... was an ordinary duty-day for everybody, but not for us, coz we're busy preparing for the graduation.
Wednesday... was another tiring day.
Then came the special day for us, the graduation day... and @ the same time my grand-24 hours-duty. It was my last day and night at United Doctors Medical Center Laboratory ( as a Med-Tech intern). The graduation was full of emotions. But the most unexpected moment that happened to me was when our Assistant Chief Med-tech announced my name as one of their MPIs (Most Proficient Intern) - I really did not expect that.
After the ceremony, the fun continues at he laboratory. My co-interns stayed @ the laboratory, we had a small shots of liquor for the celebration and it all end up well-emotional especially for me.
The things I will cherish in my stay there @ UDMC are the fun and jolly moments with my co-interns which are my friends (cheers dudes!!! for the success of everybody!!!), the things our staffs shared and tought to us, the complements of the doctors, PGIs, and nurses - (one thing I can't forget about them was when I heared them talking about me and said that I'm industrious and very nice - hehehe!!! - "WHAT A COMPLEMENT!!!"), the pressures that the relatives of the patients gave to me everytime I enter their respective rooms to extract blood. The patience, concern, humility, alertness, cheerfulness, and the HEART of a real Med-Tech that those patients that I've interacted with tought me. I'll never and won't dare to forget those life's great lessons and simple pleasures.
So as I hang those frames of memories on the wall of my soul, I'm starting a new beggining again. A new place, new people to interact with, new friends to meet, new lessons to learn, and a bunch of up-coming memories to cherish. As it goes... we can say "ITS THE END BUT A NEW TALE HAD JUST BEGUN".