Friday, August 19, 2005

IF ONLY

... A true story of a day less extraordinary! I woke up this morning, feeling lazy to get out of my bed, but I've got some important activities to do today, so I got the Bible, start my morning devotion (the usual routine) and then... I went back to my bed... Huh! Do I really have to spend this whole day working for our thesis?!!! Whew! It sucks! I've been waiting for this day cause I thought its my "free day" as in no-duty and no-work day... But heck with it! So I text a few friends and ask if we're on "IT" today - (the thesis work!), and our captain of the shit - he!he!he! - group leader replied "you've got to accomplish something today" - sort of like that "words". So I hurriedly took my shower, get myself done and leave home. While walking along the street, my mind was a total blank... Suddenly a man almost bumped me... Its a good thing I was attentive enough to switch direction... So, ok! Fine! I'm about to cross along the road when a motorcycle came along from a nowhere direction... And again! It almost bumped me!... So with a lazy morning but obliged to get up and all those damn "almost bumped" ceremony this morning, I told myself " oh well! Its not my day!" I entered the hospital hallway where I'm currently having my internship, with the usual people around, the doctors, the nurses, the PGIs, and patients waiting at the lobby. I went straight to the laboratory with a surprise phone call for me from a co-intern telling me that the whole plan for the day is cancelled. So that means, I woke up this morning, I was too lazy to get myself done but obliged because of the work load "supposed to be done" today, with the two "almost bumped" ceremony on the road, and now... Strike 3!... For the cancelled activity with a late notice! Damn it! Right?!! It was only 9:35 am and I'm fed up with all these damn! Heck of a thing! So I left the laboratory with a bitter feeling about all those damn S**t! That just happened. I got in to a taxi, again, my mind was a total blank... So what happened?... I missed the street I'm supposed to stop for home... So instead of getting out of the taxi with a bitter feeling of missing my supposedly destination, I headover to the mall nearby. I entered the mall without anything on my head... Again!... I'm not hungry, I've got no money to shop, and I was just so damn bamboozled... So I told myself - I'll better go and watch a movie... But what movie?... uhm! The one on cinema 8... Why cinema 8?... I don't know, its just the number! I went into the silverscreen and later did I've come to know that the movie being shown on cinema 8 was "If Only". I haven't seen this movie yet but my big bro already told me how the story goes... But I've got no choice... I told myself - cinema 8! So here goes the real thing... The story is about second chance, second chance to prove your love... Yes, it doesn't matter whether you've got 5 minutes left or 50 years ahead, what really matters is now. There's no such thing as the "right time" cause its all just the same time. What matters is you do the right thing right this time. Don't wait for the right time... It won't come, cause its already here, right now... "One day... Someday... Is here!". The question is why is it that it is so hard for us to show our love to the one we really love?... Agree with me? Why can't we show our affection to the one we really love? ... Because we're afraid of what?!!! Why be afraid to love that person when you already love him/her? Afraid to get hurt?... Will you agree with me if I say that, "Sometimes, the one who hurts us the most is the one who really loves you more that his life?" - ironic? Love is ironic! Sometimes the more you wonder why, the more it seems to get worse, and the more you ask why, the harder it is to accept the truth. Sometimes we're fed up with all the lies in our life, we're searching for truth but the truth is not even quite true... Why can't the lies set us free?.. And why do we keep on holding the truth inside? Errr! I hate this!... I can't stop crying! I've been crying inside the movie house, I was still teary-eyed on my way home, and now I'm bursting again while writing this. Am I too pathetic, emotional, neurotic to the bone?... Huh! You know the feeling of loving someone but you were never given the chance to love him at all? - silly! Right? Who damn cares?... Who damn cares with all these feelings in the world?!!! Ha!Ha!Ha! Look who's trying to put a s**t on it!... Ok! I hold back what I've said... I know we all care about our feelings... And yeah! We give a damn on it! So, who says we can't change our destiny?... Love will show everything... What will you do to change the things in life that must happened but you don't want to happen?... Show your love... And love will show you everything... Today, at this very moment... We bet our lives... Are you ready to lose?... What if you'll never have the second chance?... What if the only thing, for sure, that you can hold is the 2 words "If Only"? Dare to show your love... And love will show you everything... "An incomplete heart is heavier that a full heart." ***I've got this quote from my dream 2 years ago, I was talking to an imageless man and He told me those exact words... Until now... I haven't forgot it!