Sunday, April 10, 2022

For the Signs We Believed In

This one is for those

Who believed but betrayed

With their own faith.

Who asked for signs.

Of signs so unique,

And so specific,

Just to be deceived.

But with all the reasons

We believed in.

This is for the treason

We now lived in.


So this one is for those

Who believed but betrayed.

Of signs so unique

But in the end left strewn.

With the another wave

Of brokenness.

Didn't we learn from the first?

But still we tried

With cracked hearts

Believing this time it will mend.


So here's to the ones who believed,

Betrayed but keep on believing.

Here's for the signs we asked

For the signs given but remained a sign.

Like a promise so promising

But left to be just a promise

And still undone.


I hope someday we find answers.

I hope someday we'll understand.

Why and how long we must hold on?

With those signs that I kept for seven years.

I hope the heaven won't hold it against me.

If I let go with those promises

Written in the stars.

For who knows who can read it.

And who knows if the stars are keeping it.


All I know is that...

A heart can still beat

In spite of brokenness.