Friday, September 24, 2021

E. L. I.

 

Don't ask me how much I love you.
Because I don't know.
I am not good in measurements.

So don't ask me how much I love you.
Because I don't know...
I just know that I do...
I do love you with all my heart and with all my life.

And thank you for accepting my cracks and bends.
I know you have lots of questions about us.
But you accepted long ago that I am a single mother and I am the closest thing you'll ever had as a father.
But you never question me anyway.
Somehow I think you already understand that there are somethings in life that are not whole... 
But definitely functional.
That is you and me.
That is us.

And thank you for teaching me how to love unconditionally.
I never thought I am capable of such til there was you.

I don't believe back then that you can love someone even before you meet them...
But when I had you inside me, I already loved you eternally even if I haven't met you yet.

I don't believe back then in love at first sight...
But when you were born and I first laid my eyes on you...
I fell in love with you for eternity.

And I will always love you.

And I will always be your best friend.
Your painting buddy every weekend.
Your reading buddy every night.
Your music buddy every day.
I will always be your mother to take care of you.
And your father to protect and support you.
For the rest of my life.

You are the gift I have to open everyday even if it's not my birthday.
And I am forever thankful to God for giving me You.
Everything Life Is...
Everything Love Is.