Friday, September 24, 2021

Summers Spent with You

I will always remember How my childhood summers were spent in your house. How you would cook for us especially my favorite... Your fried chicken. How you would always treat me with sweets and chocolates every after meal, spoiling me like that. And how I always looked forward spending every summer in your house. I love your kitchen and your old chimney where I used to hide sometimes. I love how you would prepare my bed and how every waking day is like a feast of breakfast. And I remember so well  how worried you were one summer when I was left in the middle of arguing adults, and you just kept on shouting to one of my aunties to go and get me because you thought I was a fragile doll about to faint. Oh! I love you grandma always and forever.

The saddest part of my birthday is hearing the news that you're gone.

I will remember you grandma.

Rest in heaven.