Monday, August 02, 2021

Tales of the Haunted Chamber (Part III): The Last Journal in 1933

You have the eyes of a gazelle
And a laugh that I could hear for a thousands of years.
A smile that could end a war.
And for seven years I am in a battlefield of forgotten arms.

You gave hope a chance for everyone.
But I let you die in my own hands.
My reasons could justify my actions.
But my guilt can't forgive my vague treason.

But all my roads lead me back to thee.
I have this last journal in the year 1933.
For I will be catching my last train
Hoping it will lead me back to our dance in the rain.

After all his inspirational rampages
I am done with my cursed lineage.
We are redeemed by your mishaped grace.
With my death I'll be in your embrace.

Footnotes:
The Tales of the Haunted Chamber is a trilogy poetry that I wrote from the hearts of 3 characters who met each other in 3 different years and circumstances that made each of them decide for a moment and regretted for the rest of their lives.
Unrequited love, a forgotten lover, and a love that got away, respectively. All inspired by the prequel poetry about The Better Man.