Saturday, July 24, 2021

Rented Home

So you say "no strings attached",
You cut off those strings 
But you saved the treads - what's that?

It feels like I'm stuck in here,
Drinking my 8th glass of beer,
I'm dreaming for tomorrow,
And you're living in the past - how's that?

But I love you
And you're teaching me how to hold on.
To something that's not mine.
And I need you. 
But I don't know where I belong to.
Cause you seemed like a rented home.
Like a rented home.

Oh! how I love your yellow cap. 
You always wear it on sunny days & rainy ones.
And oh! where's the red one,
You also wear it when you swing your mood out of time.

And I've got the pain of a blue-eyed angel.
And you're the yellow freaky green-eyed monster.
You're strong enough but you chose to run - why?

And I'm telling you now
How you get into my nerve but I like it somehow. 
How you made me shiver on a hot sunny day.
And how you paint rainbows in the middle of the night.
It's amazing how you simply fade away!

So I'm stuck in here. 
Finishing this glass of beer. You're here but I feel all alone.
Cause with you, this place feels like a rented home.

Footnotes:
Written Circa'02. 
Supposed to be part of an entry for a script play but was remained unfinished.
And the yellow and red cap was inspired by a classmate from algebra class. 😁