Saturday, July 17, 2021

Circa'08

 Your face is a portrait of a thousand and grandeur. 
Your beauty too amazing to behold.
In my mind, there hangs your picture,
Like graffiti on every wall.

I stand taller than those tender sequoias.
As the lark sings her sweetest symphony.
The moment God answered my little mantras,
That you'll be mine for eternity.

But the creatures in heavens & even those beneath the oceans,
Got caught up by your magnificent beauty. 
The angels adore you and even the devils soar up to the fiery sun.
Not one could stand the moment they lay their eyes on you.

Blame me with these angst I keep. 
Whenever you pass by & they look your way.
Blame me if I've fallen so deep.
The knight, the tales, so it is to say.

Footnotes:
Written sometime around 2008. I can't remember the exact inspiration behind this piece. But I do recall I was thinking to title it - To My Knight, which I changed because I also find it too boring and too corny at that time. Then I forgot about this poetry, that I even didn't have got a title for it until I saw it again in my old notebook today. So I just called it Circa'08.