Sunday, May 09, 2021

The North


I've been wanting to post something about the Grishaverse, the Shadow and Bone as to say.

It's been a hit series and I think one of the highlights of the book as well as the film series that made it relatable to the readers and viewers is that in a way or another, we all have this Mal and Alina - kind of relationship in our lives.

We have this one best friend that we became so close enough that we became too comfortable to be with each other just like a home, and we start to breakdown our walls and let that best friend see who and what we really are. 

When we finally found a soul that feels like our north, our home.

And as we grew fonder with our best friend, we start to realize the we have this deeper feelings, and we start to get confuse about it, and start to get scared that what if we admit these feelings and the other just don't feel the same. What will become of that precious friendship that we have?

So I guess we all have that Mal and Alina - kind of relationship that also shaken our Faith in love and friendship. 

That realization actually inspired my last post about frail faith:

 The Unchosen πŸ‘‡

(http://odessamann.blogspot.com/2021/05/the-unchosen.html?m=1)

Where I wrote these phrase -

  "Aren't we all frail?

With weak faith and fragile hopes.

Blinded by what is in front of us.

Blinded by the tales fed to us.

For not knowing the other side of the story can shake your faith.

It changes you.

But only if we knew the story of both sides.

Maybe then we could keep our Faith to each other."

As I put myself in to their shoes, I can't blame Alina for loosing her faith to Mal, after all, she doesn't know the struggles of Mal just to find his way back to Alina.

I can't blame her putting her faith to General Kirigan, because of the stories being fed to her and of those things in front of her.

The same way, I can't blame Mal for not showing his deeper affection to Alina. Seeing that Alina is so emotionally controlled and that she is no way betraying herself about what she feels about Mal as well. 

Its complicated when you only know your side and blinded by the other's side.

When you only know about what you feel but clueless about what the others feel about you 

So you tend to keep it to yourself.

So no, I don't blame Mal nor Alina.

But I guess, soulmates will always find their way to each other. ♥️😊

************

Too much emotion for this post.

Well, apologies, I'm a novel geek.

I think that is one reason why my teacher back then asked me to join the theatre's guild in our school. I finally realized what she saw in me that I did not know about me back then.

That is, I could internalize into the books' characters and be that for a moment just to figure out every reason about why the characters are that way.

I never knew I had that, but she saw it in me.

And I am thankful for that.

I am thankful for my Drama Teacher for seeing me.

Like what mothers see through their children.


P.s.

Happy Mother's day to all mothers.

For mothers are the sun-summoner in their own ways.

The light bearers in our dark folds. 😊