Friday, April 10, 2020

Sympathy for the Devil

I always wanted to write something worthy enough to ponder about... 
And every Good Friday, I always wanted to write something worthy enough to question what we believe...  
Not to test our faith nor my faith... 
But to actually see it in another angle.
Because maybe our faith is just based on stigma.
Maybe our belief is just based on the reputation the books made us believe.

So I already wrote a lot of my ponders about Judas Iscariot (click here for my past posts: 1. https://odessamann.blogspot.com/2014/11/who-are-we-to-judge.html?m=1

I also wrote about my thoughts about Pontius Pilate (click here for that post: https://odessamann.blogspot.com/2016/03/good-friday.html?m=1).

And even then I am convinced that we should not blame the Devil (click here for that post:https://odessamann.blogspot.com/2006/05/do-not-blame-devil.html?m=1).

But all this time eversince I was maybe 9 or 10 years old, there is this question I always wanted to ask but never dared to ask not until last year. It took me almost 25 years to gather my strength to actually ask that question to myself and answer it.

It is because I was scared...
Not by my answers but with the stigma the world has to brand me.
I was scared because I am about to question the most gruesome and most noble reputations the world has ever known.

And maybe I am scared with myself too.
Because why on earth I have a brain like this?
Why on earth my mind is questioning those questions no one dares to ask?

I am talking about the Devil.

When I was 9, I read this book about how Lucifer rebelled against God and so God cast him in hell. And in my young mind, I was thinking, what if Lucifer is actually repenting and asking God for forgiveness?
But then, yes, that book that I was reading back then said that Lucifer's pride always got in the way and that it is too late for him to go back.

And I thought... 
Who are we to judge the Devil?

For the longest time I symphatized with the Devil secretly because what if he did not really rebel?
What if all of these are just God's masterplan after all?
What if hell is designed as a prison cell for human souls who choses evil in their lifetime on earth and of course, every prison cell needs a WARDEN, and God with all his angels knew that Lucifer was (and is still) the brightest, the morning star and the only one who is bright enough to be the light in hell so God ordered lucifer to be the warden of hell?

Maybe of all of God's angels, Lucifer was (and maybe is) the bravest. The only one brave enough to accept the task of going to hell.
Maybe of all of God's angels, Lucifer was once (or maybe still is) God's favourite because he, of all the holy angels, is the most noble enough, willing to be vilified by the world for the longest time, not caring for his own Reputation, as long as he is doing God's task?

What if like Jesus who was crucified and died and never really had a choice but to fulfill that cup given to him, Lucifer also did not have a choice but to go to hell to be the warden because no one else is capable to run the hell but him?

What if God did chose Lucifer to be that warden?

What if the Devil is not evil at all?
Just God's pawn to bring justice to every evil thing that humanity does?

What if God and Lucifer are not really enemies?

What if Lucifer is just the obedient angel of God but mislabeled and stigmatized by us, humans?

The truth is, we are living in a world full of bias stigmas and reputations without a proof.

Our beliefs are based on that book that feeds us so little about the celestial world and leaving us blindly following what was writtenly half-baked.

Not that I don't believe the bible anymore...
I still do.
I still read it everyday.

But I also believe that that book is incomplete.
Written by men so that humans could understand the law.
Because humans are morons who cannot understand the law without Fear.

It is true.
In my entire existence so far, I see people everyday doing what is right because of Fear.
They fear karma.
They fear hell.
They obey God out of fear.

Which I think is Not Right!

Obedience out of Fear loses it's Sincerity.

It defies free will.

If we want to obey God, it should be because we have Faith.

Faith is different from Fear...
Though both could lead to obedience.

So what I'm trying to say is, stop vilifying the Devil.
Stop blaming the Devil for our wrong actions.
Because we humans are the ones capable of doing good and evil.