Sunday, August 09, 2015

To Cry a River for the Best Man

But you could have been the best man
Tried to fight the groom
And it was never my intention
But we are all doomed.

And you are the one that I would take chances
To meet again for the first time
Risk to disturb the balances
Close my eyes and make you mine

And those butterflies in my stomach are disturbing
I wish I could believe myself
It was only the food I have taken
But it remains on twelfth

And you love numbers while I love words
Your mom and I share the same verse
Counting heartaches with the same bird
You and I, and that moment we cursed

For we never shared the same bitter bread with sour cream
Of chocolates, and coffees and nicotine
We are freeze in each other's daydream
Trapped in the same man's skin

You hate snakes but love green tea shakes
And on the London bridge we shared the same plate
And we almost drowned on that beautiful lake
I remember how you laugh when a fish ate my sky flakes

And I remember the dream I had in a cave on a hill
How Batman arrives in a black coat
And you took off your mask before the meal
Your face is red as we reach the boat

We got up early one morning and made fun under the sun
We didn't care about that man asleep
We shared the same hopes and tan
And he did not realize we leaped our lips

But what happened to my happy ending
And it is so easy to point a finger
Blame all the bends that keep on bending
Does the pain worth the linger

And yes you could have been the best man
And how I wish the irony ends as I sigh
For the bride should marry the best man
Standing at the end of the aisle