Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Cloned Jesus

I saw Peter, James, and John in the garden of Gethsemane. They were sleeping. No one knows I’m here with them (not even them) for sure because the Bible did not record my presence in here. No one knows except Jesus.

But I heard him say – “Abba, Father, all things are possible unto Thee, take away this cup from me, nevertheless, not what I will, but what Thou wilt.”

“The man of sorrows.” I silently exclaimed to myself. I wandered my eyes around to see the beauty of the garden; they said it was a garden. But I saw nothing but agony… yes, the agony in the garden of Gethsemane.

Jesus went back to His disciples and said – “watch ye and pray lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly…” I whispered silently that same phrase from the Bible to myself, the words of the Great Rabbi – “… the spirit truly is willing but the flesh is weak.”

Jesus knew I was hiding behind the bush at one corner of the garden. So He came unto me and said – “I have a task for you.”

And so He led me into His place of agony, and while yet He was weeping, He gave me a teardrop of His cry and said – “make me clones.” So I hurriedly placed the teardrop in a vial inside my pocket not wanting that precious tear be dry, though I wonder how in a world did I really got a vial in my pocket. He held my hand and said – “Your task is greater than the Elixir of Life and the Philosopher’s Stone, now go thy way.”

The Great Rabbi entrusted me a task greater than the alchemist’s magnum opus. So I sat by a hump of soil, thinking about the clones I’m supposed to make.

So I journeyed through time until the time of technology.

I went inside my laboratory where I’m working. “The clones I’m about to witness soon” – I reckon. It’s been years of hard work and thorough studies, and now, the moment to unleash those living clones inside my Tech-Utero. It took me 9 years to build this Tech-Utero and much more years to clone those DNAs from Jesus’ teardrop.

So I held the lid of the door of my Tech-Utero and finally, with that creaking noise, the door opened wide and there I saw my master piece. Millions of the clones came out one by one but no one looked like Jesus.

A sudden burst of disappointment drowned the entire empire of my emotion. And so, I run as fast as I can up to the roof top of my laboratory. Up there I cried unto the Lord and said – “Thy tear became flesh but not You.” Then I heard a voice from heaven, God said – “Thy labor not in vain for those clones you made out of my tear are those people whom in their hearts I dwell in. Send them everywhere and let them proclaim, through deeds, what and who I AM.”

The great voice vanished and I was sober. Suddenly…

Suddenly, a blinding light flashed in my eyes. Then I realized my eyes were actually close all those times. The light is scourging my eyes. The light is blinding me. The light is actually the sun shining from my bedroom window. It is already morning.