Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Credenda

It took me 10 years to finally have this book and finally, unfold the mystery behind the name I have been secretly hiding within my soul. The name I never thought really exists. The name I thought I’m the only person who knew it. The name I thought… was mine. But even before time had settled on earth, it already exists. And it will always exist within me. And just like the chronicles of the Bible, forever it will be one story… it is a history. The story of that lone star that shone one cold and silent night at Bethlehem when Christ was born.

My story is his story.


I was 8 years old then when my parents decided to move from the city to the province. It wasn’t really easy for me for I was accustomed to live in a city life and the metropolis was my way of living as a kid.
Soon I found myself inside the campus of an exclusive-school for girls. A school known to that sub-urban town of that small province for its classy – elite social type of students attending there.
For a couple of months, I was alone most of the time since I was from the city and I was not accustomed to the way they spend their recess during school hours. Until…
Until I met this girl. She was tall (far taller than me), dark but nice. She knew me only as the “girl –from – the – city”, but she was oblivious of who I really am. Not until she talked to me.
Our conversation started with our hobbies. Surprisingly, we both love to write. Then our petty conversation went on to something personal then magical.
She told me that she could actually converse with her angel and that her angel’s name was Daniella. She also told me that her angel and my angel are best of friends. So I asked her the name of my angel and she told me… “ACABAR”.

I grew up talking to heaven most of the time though; I do not really consider myself as religious. Every night I used to stay in our open porch and stare up in the sky and talk to my star. Yes, I have my own star. I claimed it one night when I finally realized that everywhere I go, from north to south, in the city or one – horse – town, I always see that same “butterfly – like” stars that seemed to be always there wherever I go. I claimed it as my guiding star long before I come to know the name Acabar. But soon after I’ve known the name, I named it after it.

Seven years later…

I was already in college then, and one cozy afternoon, I was killing my time inside the nearby bookstore from our suite. I was just wandering my eyes on the shelves filled with books when suddenly, something caught my sight. On one corner of the shelves, there was a book that bears the name of my angel… my star… Acabar.
I wanted to buy it right then but I was penny-less. So I went home frustrated.
Since that day, that book haunted me all these years. But not until last week, I again encountered that same book I have encountered 3 years ago. But this time, I bought it.
And so the mystery was unfold in front of my eyes as I turn the first leaf up to the last.

Acabar, my angel, my star was the same star that shone one cold, silent and holy night, 2000 years ago in the small town called Bethlehem, guiding the 3 magi to their new born king.


It took me 10 years to finally have this book and finally, unfold the mystery behind the name I have been secretly hiding within my soul. The name I never thought really exists. The name I thought I’m the only person who knew it. The name I thought… was mine. But even before time had settled on earth, it already existed. And it will always exist within me. And just like the chronicles of the Bible, forever it will be one story… it is a history. The story of that lone star that shone one cold and silent night at Bethlehem when Christ was born.

My story is his story.