Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Angel With Dirty Feet


It has been awhile since the last time I blab about that “big break” thing. Before, it was like an enigmatic coccon. But then suddenly, it turned out into a monster – a bemusing savage reality.
Funny as it may seem, but I asked for this hidden catastrophe. I never thought it was such a cataclysm wrapped with congently bewildering Venusian velvet. It was a tragedy in the making.
For once, it was a yonder dream that I thought, an angel, like a fairy godmother was sent to make it happen. But as the day passed and gave a way for the night, the dream come true became a living nightmare. I wanted to run back to the day when the sun was still governing the whole set of play. I wanted to run back even just to the time of late afternoon, even just before the sunset, just to get by with this dark ebony night. I wanted to run as fast as I can for the dawn, but the night is still young, the midnight is still far… how much more the dawn? If you know what I mean.
I continue to walk on to this night of living nightmare. I have to, I created my own abyss. And now, I have to make a way out of this bottomless chasm I made for myself. I have to create a wormhole in this blackhole am in, even in the midst of darkness.
The state of forlorn and euphoria collides within me as I sail on this sea of chagrin, cadging for courage to make it on the shore.
Believing that tragedy is actually a story of hope.