Friday, April 28, 2006

The Yellow Light


"You know it only breaks my heart,
To see you standing in the dark,
Alone, you're waiting there for me,
To come back,
I'm too afraid to show."
---- Jennifer Paige ----
(Stranded)
I've kept my promise... the contract is over. Thanks for helping me keep it.
Its not that am being impatient, but I believe, I have waited too long... but if its your way of teaching me the art of perseverance... then let it be done as you will.
Am missing you... badly! I miss our togetherness, the way we hang around anywhere and fool around like we're morons... haha!!! I miss the way you tease me and likewise, I miss the way I tease you. I miss your laugh and your voice. I simply miss you.
We seldom see each other now, and its sad to realize that in times that we're together, I feel you're already a different man. There's something missing in the chains that holds our closeness. I feel sorry for the evolvement of the things... which we can't control.
Am giving you pure friendship... am doing it so... but they said, you want something deeper than the friendship am giving. Its not that I don't want it the way you wanted it, but am not sure if I could. I'm pressured... confused about what I feel. But still, I don't want it in "just" "hear and say" protocol. Its not that I don't believe them, cause I know there's something going on, I can see and feel it by the way you stare and by the way you move... and I trust my woman's instinct. But please... don't let me be the last to know... I still need to hear it (for formality sake).
The traffic light shines out its yellow light... you know what it means - you have to wait for the green light to shine. And when the yellow light gives way for the green light... you know what to do - go! (for it).
You see, am not giving you the red light sign, but still, am not ready for the green light to shine either. The traffic light says - "Yellow".
P.S. No strings attached.
P.P.S. If you cut the strings, throw them, DON'T keep them... I don't want to see threads in you closet.