Thursday, January 19, 2006

Good Riddance


"Time grabs you by the wrist
directs you where to go"
--- Greenday ---
(Good Riddance - Time Of Your Life)

It was a tough decision. To finally let go of the dream you once thought your ultimate ambition. But then, maturity knocks upon your door and you have no choice but to let it in. The once you thought was everything to you was almost at your hand, but then you let go of it... no! its not a darn irrational decision, but rather, a good riddance, so it was... twist of fate for a better luck.
Those childish silent reveries back then when popularity was in and publicity was something you should always grab with all the might of you little fists became a lacunal frustration in me for such a long time. But by the time I could almost have it all, I've found myself inside a new temple of wisdom that convinced me to open my palm and finally let the opprtunity slip away. But I'm not lachrymose nor there is a spill of lemon in my being for such good riddance as to say, cause finally I've realized that such publicity and popularity are only immatured spell-bounded magical tales of life with little less halcyon but a definite chaos.
I've learned to say a firm "no", by this time with no further arguments but just a plain "no" for good. Yes, its true that the word "NO" is powerful enough to unleash either a smile or a grudge. But one thing I know is that, being confident is being able to say "no" without a tinge of insecurities of what others will say. Confidence to my own perspective is the beauty within you and is NOT dependent on what other people will say or think.
A good riddance - yes! Turning down the opportunity you thought was the climax of your dream just to become a better person... to become what God wants you to be... truly a good riddance!
TRUST IN GOD!