Monday, November 28, 2005

Go Back . . . Home


"Another airplane,
Another side place,
I'm lucky I know,
But I wanna go home.
Maybe surrounded by
a million people,
I still feel all alone
And I wanna go home"
----
Michael Buble'----
(Its Time - Home)

I always find myself stating the same line everytime I find myself trapped in a crossroads of life... I always say " You can look back but you can never go back!". I lived for that cliche for such a long time, but I guess, I'm heading my way to another paradigm shift as stated by my own prophecy - that "people evolve, people change... somehow, they'll change their minds".
Our church pastor last Saturday talked about the Parable Of The Prodigal Son (in case you don't know this story... read the Bible - Luke 15:11-32). In this story, the prodigal son, after realizing that he lost his everything, he decided to go back, he went back home, he trudge again the same raod, he doubly marked his own footsteps way back home.
Surely, everybody must move forward, but definitely, there's nothing wrong in going back too, when you cracked down the long wrong road. Don't hesitate to go back... don't you ever think that you have gone too far to return when you know that you're on the wrong path of your life. Swallow your pride, there's nothing wrong with that, that's much better than keep on moving forward then realize that you've wretched everything you have invested through out your life. Its true that "It takes a day to build a ladder and a minute to destroy it"... so if you hit a wrong nail, make some adjustments immediately, its better to take off some parts than continue working on it coz it won't get you any further before you'll notice that its all a mess, and you can't do anything but to start again from the very beginning.
At this moment in my life, I'm trudging my way back home. I don't wanna move forward coz I know that at the end of this road is a dead end... so I'm heading my way back, back to God... back to Him - my Father, its where I belong.
Yes, there's a million places I can go but without God, it definitely ain't home.
Have A Great Week Ahead!!!