Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Confessions Of A Liar

"Love ... is a fact... but as for now, its a fiction!"
An Interview With A Liar

Hi! I'm a liar... a self-confessed liar. Why d'you look confused? Is it because I'm being honest? I'm a liar... honestly I'm a liar. What about you? Aren't you like me? I believe, I can see it, you're also a liar.
Enough about my lies for a while, I'm here to confess something. Something I've never said before, something I denied for so long. And now, the time has come for me to take off my mask and reveal the real face of a liar.
You think I'm happy? I always laugh, I always wear the sweetest smile, but... d'you think I'm happy? D'you know that there's a hole within me? An empty space that's cadging for someone to fill it up?
Let's talk about something I hate to talk about, but I would love to have. Something that everybody wants to talk about. Something that everyone can't live without. Something worthy to talk about.
Love - I've heard a lot of definitions of it, and my ears had enough. I've read a lot of stories about it, and my eyes had enough of it. Still I can't define it with my own words. I want to feel it but I'm not so sure if I'm ready for it. I confess I've never been into any romantic relationships. Name it... flings, affairs, serious relationships... never had any of them. But hey! I'm not a geek! I've got my personal reasons why I never engage myself into such relationships. But since this is about my confessions, I'll let you in to my little secret... I'll tell you my reasons why. First, I promised God that I will never commit into any romantic relationships until I finish college. Second, I'm really scared to get hurt. I've read a lot of novels, seen a lot of movies, and yes! they are heart-whelming stories that I often wish they're for real, but then, I've heard a lot of true stories and its so sad that I often wish they're not for real.
I always say "I'm fine", always believe that I'm ok, always portray that I'm fulfilled, but no one knows the emptiness inside of me. I crave for love, yes, but I don't want to hurry myself for it. Sometimes when I feel so cold, I often make myself believe that love is just a fiction, a fairytale. There's no such thing as Romeo and Juliet, Jack and Rose, Dawson and Joey, there's no such thing as " A Walk To Remember " - they're all just feel-good stories that can make you feel good for a while, but then, reality bites, chews, and swallows... it will eat and grind and digest you... and it simply HURTS!
But then I know God has a master plan for you and me. Time will come for love to find me. So is love a fiction or a fact?... it is a ... FACT. I believe in it because it is a FACT, it has always been a FACT... but until then ...it will remain JUST A FICTION.