Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Reality Bites...And It Also Chews And Swallows!

Philippines... the pearl of the orient, is now facing a deep crisis. Financial stability seemed to get worse everyday, and the people suffer too much from it. This is REALITY... IT BITES... IT CHEWS... and IT SWALLOWS!!!
But there are somethings in our culture that made me still proud of being a Filipino inspite of all the crisis that keep on grinding our nation... here's my story...
After a tiring duty from the hospital, we (my friends) decided to watch a movie. After that, we decided to go home right away. So we ride into a FX ( a passenger taxi with 10 passengers capacity). We're at the middle sit and we talked about the movie we just saw on our way home. Suddenly a man sat next to me. Then I felt there something touched my hips... and to my surprise... that damn man's hand was on my hips, so I shouted at him while he hurriedly went out of the FX. Then the driver asked me what did that man do to me, I told him that he touched my hips. So the driver got a (sort of a baseball bat) and he followed the man. (I don't know exactly what happened next) then the driver came back and asked me if I'm alright... I said "YES... I'm fine now... Thanks!" Then the driver told me that that man was actually a foreigner... NOT a Filipino.
The reality is that, such things really happen to you, to me, to everyone else! Reality had just bite me... chewed and swallowed me into the real world full of sinful and lustful men. But then, God never forsake His people, He used other people to help you, me, and everyone else. That's where our culture (Filipinos) is counted as one. We always help others even though they are a complete stranger in our sight. The driver, was a stranger... I am a stranger to him too... but still, he is willing to take the risk ( by following that foreign maniac) of getting into trouble.
God Bless That Driver...
Vengeance is not mine (Damn Maniac!) ... its God's!