Monday, May 16, 2005

Playing Safe

What's your greatest fear?... have you been there?... What if you woke up one morning and found yourself trapped in a tortured scenery of your greatest fear?
" I'm a very optimistic person, I hopeth even though I'm hopeless, I believe even though the truth is not quite true, and I always endure every simple things in life" - that's one secret in me that I didn't know not until I've been there in my greatest fear.
I have my greatest fear - everybody does! and I've been there. At first I thought I was only dreaming but then I realize ... No!!!... its real!... and yes!!!... reality bites. At first I can't believe that I'm in it, cause I always believed that God won't take me there cause He knows that that is my greatest fear, but then one fine morning which I thought would just pass me by, I woke up and found myself trapped in a tortured scenery of my greatest fear... I can't think of anything, I had mixed emotions of sadness, madness, anguish, fury, and fear and I can't help but cry.
Yes! at first I blamed God, I locked myself inside my room and cried the whole day wishing that God would be sensitive enough to see me crying. But - " My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, where is thy God?" (Psalm 42:3). Do you know the feeling of striving so much and end up being a loser? That's what I've felt! But my faith in Him (God) gives me (as always) the courage to dare even though I don't really have the guts.
Facing my greatest fear in life made me realize that at the very moment of that fearsome scene, even though I was really mad, I was still able to worship and give thanks to God... but its not that easy. But the point there is - "why would you cease to pray when you need it badly? As Job said " As God liveth who hath taken away my judgement; And the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul; All the while my breath is in me, and the Spirit of God is in my nostrils; My lips shall not speak wickedness nor my tongue utter deceit." ( Job 27:2-4 )
It is the art of saying "thank you!" for the "bitter life" cause far beyond what we see lies something great that only God can see... is that not wonderful?... is that not something we should appreiciate in advance?... that just when you thought it was a dead end, God whisphers :"relax! its only a bend"... that even though we feel all alone we are not really forsaken?
Another thing that I'm thankful for is that, God didn't let go of me. Someone asked me what keeps me holding on to God and I answered - " I'm not holding Him but He holds me!"... yes! true enough! cause if I'm the one holding Him - for sure I've already lose my grip. But He is the one holding me, that's why I'm always secure.
I believe that if you're with God you're playing safe in every game in life. You'll know when to say " its ok to fail" and when to say " I should win", you'll know when to hold on and when to let go, to say "yes" and to say "no", to stop and to continue, to listen and to speak, to learn and to share wnat you know, to give and to receive, to laugh and to cry, to trust and to forgive, to get in and to get out, to appreciate and to criticize in a good way, to fear and to be brave, to fight and to walk away, to work and to play, to be strong and when to be weak, and when to be safe and when to take the risk. Cause God's wisdom is far beyond all what the universe can sustain .
" If you made a right decision, its not because you're wise, but its because God enlightened you."
"Never think that you're good enough unless you're with God."
"Playing safe means playing the game of life with God at your side."
--- Be Safe! Le'gra go Deo!---