Sunday, April 02, 2023

Unsent Letters (Part IV)

 Dear You,
And so we meet again like it's the first time. I have forgotten you long enough that this encounter felt like it's the first time again. Thirty six months seemed so long ago, but then again...
Like sleeping embers waiting to be reignited. 
Like frozen waters colden by the winter. 
It is my heart.
With the touch of the wind, the ashes burn again.
With the touch of the sun, the ice melts as one with the ocean.
And I am not sure right now if the signs and signals being sent is green or red.
I'm not sure if I am swimming or my face is barely floating to breathe.
But my heart is racing.
My impulses are blinding.
My senses Keeping me awake.
Choices which one to take.
It is such an agony to wait.
Painful to wait in vain.
But is there another way?
But to hold my heart in flame.

But I've seen this before.
Like an old movie but I'm not so sure.
I traded love once when I got caught by the monster.
Who's to say I can't do it again if there's another encountER.
My demons, my monsters are too hard to fight.
But I want you to know that I am fighting for you right now.
I don't know if I will win this.
But I do hope we could Win this.
If they talk to me they can taste my heart.
They know that each beat is sounding your name.
I can't protect you.
But I want you to know that I am fighting for you.
And I am trying my best not to trade you.
I'm trying my best not to make the same mistake.
Now that I finally found my home again.
I'll keep on fighting for you.

Sincerely,
Me