Saturday, February 25, 2023

Emptied


I dreamt of you again last night.
But probably it would be my last.
Unless you'll haunt me for the rest of my life,
Then I'll be haunted by the ghost of the undead.

The dream was more than sad.
It was vast emptiness.
As you were saying your last goodbyes.
I was crying to death.

You said you'll be looking out for me,
Even when you're away.
But deep within I knew,
I needed to let you go your own  way.
Cause you're no longer mine to hold,
Cause you have to be somewhere else.
Place that you truly belong,
Place where I am not supposed to long.

And so more than deep sadness.
I was feeling empty in my dreams...
And it felt so real when I woke up.

Suddenly...
My dream was real after all. 
Heard the news today...
Oh! It's everywhere.

And yes...
I need to let you go...
I must let you go...
More than sad...
I feel so empty now.
Like I was stripped away from my only hope.
The last of the hopes that I was holding on is now gone.
And there's nothing I can do.
Not even my fervent prayers can be answered.
For it was answered a long time ago...
I just found it now.
I have lost you along the way...
And I wasn't aware til now.

And there's no more prayers to kneel for at night.
The stars will shine,
But they will no longer align.
The moon will peep from the clouds,
But it will no longer listen to my silent whines.
The universe will continue,
But they will no longer conspire for you and me.
The earth will move but my world will no longer revolve around thee.

And so the greatest love story 
That wasn't even written in the first place,
Ended before it has begun.
It was all just in my imaginations now.
The last embrace...
The last phrase...
It was the closure
That was closed...
A long time ago.

And my heart beats the same...
But More than sad...
It is now empty.