Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Presumptuous

You call me up again tonight
Saying work sucks in L.A.
And you're wishing to take the flight,
To see me for a day.

And I keep thinking,
If you're doing it all in purpose.
Or am I just being...
Oh so... Presumptuous.

Talking about love and all its finest mantras.
And promised me a gypsy bling with a lace.
And I was thinking of my new camera.
And the first shot will be your face.

So I was in a purple haste.
Then you call off a truce.
I was left in dazed for days.
It's presumptuous.

Oh boy, did I scare you away?
Did I painted honesty to your beautiful lies?
And when red runs in your shades of gray,
I bet the blacks can't be your allies.

So I wear my feelings in vocabularies.
Now you're calling me back in blues.
Reciting my love poetries.
Oh boy, it's presumptuous.