Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Deep and Absolute Hiraeth


 But you were the promise

That was so promising.

The finest of faiths

Designed the stars aligning.

The promise as true as the moon,

Could be as constant as the sun,

As faithful as the stars,

Til it all turned damned.


But it was I that shattered it all into pieces.

The one who bargained you

Whenever I got caught up

Facing demons and monsters.

Asking for something of truest and matters most.

It was always you I come to think of.

And it was I who traded you everytime.

Cause you were my treasure, the truest of all the truths.

And they know it.

I bargained you with every demon I got caught up with just to get free 

And so as they say...

I did...

Deal with the demon today

Face the devil tomorrow.

Until that tomorrow came.

I faced the devil and it finally took you...

The most promising of all promises.

And I cannot take it back.

For I have lost you long ago

Along the way.

And even the earnest of prayers cannot save the broken promise.


And so finally am home.

Sitting at my window

Relaxed and happy.

But there was this deep and absolute hiraeth

Without knowing where it is coming from.

But I know it is something from the past

That I've lost along the way

Just to reach home.