Sunday, November 21, 2021

The Funky One

 We hear a lot of cliches that depicts about friendships. That it is not about the quantity but the quality of friends you've got. That it doesn't matter if you've got just one or two, as long as they're real then you're good.

Sure a lot of people will say - "oh I know that already!".

But I think, these cliches will only (really) hit you when you hit the middle life. When everything is almost settled and you choose peace over pride.


And over the years, I have but a few genuine friends of my own. A handful, not much, but real treasures. And I've got that one friend who is definitely my emergency hotline. The one who I call on to even in my most shameful darkest situation.

And I thank God for having such a friend.


I am writing this because I want to remind everyone that even the strongest man needs a friend.

That even the strongest man could break into anxiety in a world where everyday is a battle.

That even the strongest man could be on his way to depression.

And if you have, even just one friend whom you can confide all your anxieties, your darkest visions, and shameful fears... Then let it out. 

The world is already dark, don't let it darken your soul.


I am writing this because I want to be more vocal and brave to talk about anxiety and depression. 

That this mental sickness needs medical attention, but it also needs support from families and friends.

That it is ok to open it up to your friend.

It is ok and it is not something to be ashamed of.

We have to let the darkness out so we can see the light.


And it doesn't matter if I've got just ten or a thousand readers out there. 

Who knows who will accidentally stumble to my blog and read it.

Who knows if that one person is going through with something.

And if this will be able to help him/her be comfortable in his/her own skin to open it up to a friend... If this will help that one person to overcome the fear of stigma and be able to ask for help, then, it may not be the whole world I am saving, but definitely there is one life.

And all lives matter.


#MentalHealthAwareness