Sunday, September 05, 2021

Their Story

But sometimes...
I wanted to approach them, when he is alone, when she is alone. 
I wanted to ask what happened?
Why did they choose to wait until it is already too late?
Why did they not took the so many chances?
But I never dare even if every part of me wants to know their answers.
Because I don't want to get hurt and be broken by a story that is not even mine.

They are very good friends, and rumor has it, that they secretly like each other. 
And for 30 good years of friendship, still, no one has confessed their feelings. 
Is it fear, or pride, or whatever, that made their supposed love story so sad and so tragic, I don't know.
And now, they are both in their 50's...
Still friends...
The girl is still waiting...
And the boy is still afraid.

Of all the sad and tragic stories that people knew, it is not the unrequited one that hurts the most but the waiting game that sometimes become wasted time. 
And for the good things that comes to those who waits... Sometimes, it just become too late.
Footnotes:
Inspired by the 2 people I know who are very good friends, and rumor has it, that they secretly like each other. And for 30 good years of friendship, still, no one has confessed their feelings. Is it fear, or pride, or whatever, that made their supposed love story so sad and so tragic, I don't know.
And now, they are both in their 50's...
Still friends...
The girl is still waiting...
And the boy is still afraid.