Tuesday, September 28, 2021

92 Days Before Christmas

Phrasing all over again...
The decency of merciful lies.
For you broke my heart...
92 days before Christmas.
But then after 3 days ...
I look back to it,
It was not hurt at all.
Like I've been waiting for you 
To do it the whole time.
And I was prepared all along.

And funny how I no longer get frustrated.
And wear the darkest lipstick in my drawer.
Pouting and screaming inside like a rockstar,
Whenever I came out angry with things and happenings.

Cause like an old friend, long lost in time.
Unintentionally you loose contact with
But too ashamed to resume the conversations.
It was all forgiven and all too well understood.

It was all forgiven
And I understand.
My heart is too prepared
To get hurt now.
And when you finally showed me 
The true meaning 
Of what we call
"The Decency of merciful lies."
I thanked all the writers
And the clause at the same time.

For It was all forgiven.
Cause now I understand.

Footnotes:
Inspired by recent events in my life and from the quote of Klaus Michaelson -  "From all the poems written on the subject of unrequited love, there are so few on the pain of being the object of that affection. The truth is, Hayley, it's not love on which the strongest foundations are built. It's the decency of merciful lies." - The Originals