Saturday, August 28, 2021

Broken Promises

Your promises are broken
Like bread crumbs on the floor.
But to my surprise,
Like bread crumbs...
It didn't hurt my feet
As I stepped into it.
I don't feel hurt.
I am not in pain.
Like I was looking forward to this day...
When it will be broken.
Like it was doomed from the very moment you made them.
And for every passing time,
It hardened my heart,
And it softened the sharp glass.
That when it finally fell to the ground,
And the pieces strewn everywhere...
It is less of a danger,
But just dust needed to be swept.

And for the fear of what you behold.
When I thought it was a weapon
Meant to hurt me.
All of it was just speculations
But nothing became real.
The weapon was but a foolish arrow,
Aiming for the air.
It didn't caught me
And nothing cares.

The stars don't spell your name no more.
They're just a ball of gas now.
The moon don't seem to echo my prayers,
It is just a satellite.
The sunsets don't remind me of the songs,
It is just beautiful to behold.
And I no longer wait for shooting stars,
They are just burning meteors across the sky,
Hoping for luck that they'll reach the ground
As meteorites.

And for all these times,
Love is all an illusion to carry me through my darkest times.
You were my anchor...
But now I have reached the shore.