Friday, May 28, 2021

EnGraVeD In the LeaTheR COver

The grey walls are crashing.
And I am getting my share of courage.
And if heavens will rain bravery,
I hope you catch many.
And see me for another first time.
Maybe you'll see different.

Cause I am like an open book.
You can judge me all you want 
Or you could read me over and over.

But I was written in a foreign language
That no one speaks of.
Not even my own kin.
Hence, you'll never decipher the enigma in between
Every lines.
Even in a thousand forgotten years.

But I could teach you this language.
If you have the courage
To learn
That the book is all about you.

Every verse
Every chapter
Speaks your name in my native tongue.

Would it be hard to accept that you're my entire book.
And the title even bears your initials
Engraved in the leather cover.

But like those ancient letters
Written but never sent.
They were all in the bottles
Kept in splendid waves
Bubbling my emotions
Turning raptured glass
Into iridescent prisms
Of a thousand sunsets and shooting stars.