Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Runaway Juliet

I stopped being a Juliet...
A long time ago.

I used to be the perfect girl living in her perfect fairytale.
Where the hopeless romantics win almost everyday in every way.

In a world where first loves becomes your happily ever after.

And ever after means no more villains and mishaps.

I believed in love songs and love stories and so sure that everything is driven by love.

And I really did my best to make that my reality.

But reality just bit me and swallowed me up and digested me til I came out as shit.

So much for a fairy tale, huh?

So I stopped being a Juliet...
A long time ago.

Because the story that I worked so hard for became someone else's story.

So awfully appalling.

And that was the time when my naivety was lost.

I no longer believed in love songs and love stories. 
And everything is no longer driven by love but ambition.

I already have trust issues back then...
But it became worse when the veil of innocence was lifted.

So I run and run...
Like a runaway Juliet.

No longer believing in prince charming.
No longer waiting for her Romeo.

Because the white horse is just a horse that you can't ride on because you don't know how to.
And it is not an instant thing to know how to ride it.

Because there ain't no princes and knights with shining armours who are willing to die for you. 
They will just kill you until you're dead.
So never let them kill you.
Never let them kill your ambition, your pride, your confidence, your self-love.

Run like a runaway Juliet.

Because there ain't no Romeo who will take his own life just for you.
If he can't have you, he will surely find another Juliet, who is more naive than you.

So run like a runaway Juliet.

Cause there ain't no creeks to shed your tears.
No Dawson to be your best friend.
No Pacey to whine your bitterness.
You're no Joey Potter who had those almost perfect petty loves that eventually became her ever after.

Like a runaway Juliet...
You are on your own.
Mending your own broken heart.
Healing your own wounds.
And time is your best company.

Like a runaway Juliet...
You stop forcing monsters to turn into an angel just to satisfy your illusion.
Remember, even Alice came back to reality.

Like a runaway Juliet...
You listen to Taylor Swift's songs.
Because it reminds you of innocence.
Because that is the only thing that reminds you how happy it was to be once full of hope.
Everybody wants that, until innocence becomes a danger.
Until hope becomes an enemy that holds you back from moving on.
But sometimes, you still listen...
But just to reminisce the once you were.

There will come a time when you will stop being a Juliet.

Runaway from Romeo until he can no longer haunt you.

And you build your own empire.

Because in a world where every kingdom has its own king and queen...

You build your own where you are both the queen and the king all at the same time.