Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Beautiful Kings 2

You know when people say that they look up to you, and that you're such an inspiration to them, and that they are so proud of you, all because they see your strength, they see a strong woman in you, they know you're tough and courageous, they look at you and see a responsible strong woman who knows exactly what she wants and knows exactly how to get it...

It's tougher than you all think.

I know because I get it all the time. Not that I don't want their compliments, in fact, I love it and I live it.

But sometimes it is also hard to live up with their expectations. Sometimes it is hard to be the strong woman as always. Sometimes I just wanted to be taken care of as well.

But maybe I was born to be the woman they looked up to.
So as much as I am tired and jaded...
I still live by what they see...
Not to please them...
But to inspire them...
Because I was born to be this woman.

I fight like a man in the battle.
I think like a warrior in a war.
I sit like a king in my kingdom...

And I wear my scars like stars on my crown.


P.s. Sometimes I wonder how my parents really raised me, because even my mom gets a little surprised sometimes and say that I'm such a strong woman and wonder how but said she is proud. And that even as a little child she saw how brave my heart back then and she said that I was tougher than my brothers. In fact, even my dad agrees.