Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The Purpose

My students asked me these questions this morning. 
(It became their habit to ask me questions about life, love, and just about anything under the sun if we are not really busy.)
So the first question was...
1. How to not expect anything from someone you love/like, when it is so natural for humans to expect or assume?

My answer: Just teach your heart and mind not to expect or assume from that person... But you can actually hope that he/she might like/love you too.

The second question was actually a follow up question...

2. What is the difference between expecting and hoping?

My answer: (Oh! this was my favourite among my answers.) Ok, so I told them that the difference between expecting and hoping is that when you are EXPECTING you are putting your trust to the man/woman that you love/like, and truth be told, you don't hold their hearts. So if it turns out they don't feel the same, we get hurt and frustrated. Expecting something is NEVER A PROMISE. It is just you wanting to get what you desire.
While in Hoping, we put our trust to God. We trust Him that He knows exactly what we feel towards that certain man/woman and that somehow if it is right, He will grant these desires of our hearts. When we hope, we trust God in His time. Remember that God did not put that feelings in your heart if He has no purpose in it. He put that feelings in your heart because He wants you to feel that way, so trust His reasons. And remember, if he/she is Not the one for you, God will surely take away that feelings from your heart, He will help you to move on and will heal you. 
So as long as God is not taking that feelings away inside you... Then maybe because He has plans to let it grow. As long as God wants you to feel that way is because He has plans for both of you... But Not in your own timeline... BUT IN HIS PERFECT WISDOM AND TIME. 😊

And the last question...
3. Why do men always have to make the first move?

My answer: (Damn! I did raised my voice a bit in here LOL! 🀣) Ok, so guys whether you like it or not it is YOUR JOB to make the first move. In the first place you are the stronger gender. It is a part of your musculinity, for Christ sake! And as for the ego? It is not a big deal with your ego if you'd be rejected, because it is a part of your musculinity to be able to carry yourself in the midst of rejection. We (girls) look up to your musculinity that way. As for the girls, it is a big slap on our face if we make the first move and still get rejected, because remember it is Not our job to do that. So if we did that and still got rejected... Imagine how it will destroy our egos? Some women have strong hearts and minds... But our egos are all the same... It is very fragile when dealing with love. So don't expect us (women) to make the first move even if we really like a guy... Because we believe that IT IS NEVER OUR JOB TO MAKE THE FIRST MOVE... IT IS ACTUALLY YOURS (MEN).

So my students debated a little longer on that opinion... But atleast, I believe I inspired them again today... And I claim it as my PURPOSE. 😊