Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Short Stories for My Blog

#2 Second Chance
What will be your top 3 to-do list after this Covid-19 crisis?

I asked this to myself today.

And I thought, if ever I'll be one of the lucky ones to survive this pandemic, I will be very very greatful. It is actually a second chance for all of us to live our lives right...
This time.
To live embracing our destiny...
Our happiness...
and Not to live in fear.

So here is my top 3...

1. Get my second tattoo.
I've been obsessing about it since the start of the year. I got my first one last year and though I designed it myself, the meaning of it is more about my personal responsibility, my personal obligation, my personal purpose.
This time... The one I had in my mind is more about myself... My personal happiness, my personal inspiration, it is more about ME.
For these past years in my life I always feel guilty everytime I indulge myself into something... Like making myself happy is a sin because I have the responsibility to think about my daughter first. And that made me think less about me. Sacrificing almost all of I have even my own happiness. I was juggling. I didn't know how to balance the love I have for my child and myself. I ended up neglecting myself for my child.
But now I am starting to balance this love the right way. That loving one's self doesn't mean you'll be loving your child less. In fact, the more I am loving myself, the more love I am giving to my child. It is like a cup overflowing.
So after this crisis I'll be inking myself again and this time it will be more personal than the first.


2. Pursue my Masters Degree.
Actually, even before the lockdown, I was done enrolling. I just need to pass some requirements that I wasn't able to provide when I enrolled. So this is more about continuing what I just started because I've been planning this for the longest time. So once this is over... I'll be certainly go back to school.


3. Never to live in fear again.
For the past 7 years in my life I've closed all my windows and doors. And this crisis made me think that I've lived my life in fear for the longest time. And now it is time to be brave enough to love again. Not that I have anyone as my prospect... And NO, I don't have anyone in my mind right now. I just think that after this trying times it is about time to open up my windows again and get a little sunshine to warm up myself. It is about time to get a little leak of the rays of the sun to get into my door. It is time to finally break the walls slowly. Time to stop living in the fear of falling. Time to be brave enough to live my life again.
Time to be brave enough to embrace happiness again. ❤️