Friday, March 06, 2020

#59

So I talked to my mom this morning because I'm having a hard time these past few months deciding about my life.
Since my mind is clouded by my emotions and my faith is being tested by my logical wisdom and rational instincts.

And since just last month I decided not to believe in signs anymore...

But my mom told me that asking for signs is important to nourish our faith.

She told me that she thinks that my faith is getting frail because I think too much.

My wisdom is making my faith frail.

She told me that she is proud of me that I grew up as a wise woman and getting wiser each day but she also said that being wise without faith is like a tree without a fruit.

And at the end of the day...
My wisdom will no longer serve me good because "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of all wisdom"...
And that "Fear of the Lord" is actually called Faith.

She said that I should not let my wisdom break my faith to God.

That I should use my wisdom to strengthen my faith.

And lastly, she told me that God never deceives.
Ask for a sign and believe in it.

God will not say yes if He has no intention to give it to you.

If the sign is yes...
Then it is definitely a yes.
No more follow up questions.

*****
So I asked for the number 59 on a car's plate number as I head off to work this morning.
And the last car that I saw before I entered my office building got the number 59.
I smirked because I was losing hope along the way...
But He said yes at the end.

So now... I will let my grey walls down and will let my wisdom strengthen my faith to overcome my fears.