Thursday, February 20, 2020

Isang Dosenang Tula Para Sa'yo

#12 Home Finally
We often ask for signs
We look up to the sky and ask for a shooting star, 
We toss a coin only to wish for the side in favor to our desire,
We ask for a white dove to knock on our windows,
We ask for a stranger in a yellow shirt to bump us as we go to work...
Yes... We always ask for signs.

But we ask for signs NOT because we do not know what to do...
NOT because we do not know which one to choose.

In fact... 
We know exactly what to do,
We know exactly what to choose,
We know exactly what we want.

Truth is...
We ask for signs because we are Scared.
We ask for signs so that our trembling hearts would tame as we finally jump over our decisions.

We ask for signs because we need to find courage so that our hearts and mind would collide into one.

We ask for signs because we need to be comforted by our ownselves in the midst of fear.

We ask for signs because we know what to do but we are scared to do it.

***
So today...
I didn't ask for a sign...
I just asked for guidance as I finally jump into my final decision...
Cause 25 years is a long way to go...
And I have to start now.
I have to start now because there are just so many tomorrows and the morrow is never a promise.
I asked not for a sign but for guidance of the one Faithful.