Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Isang Dosenang Tula Para Sa'yo

#6 The Dragon With Butterfly's Wings

I only hold your hand when I'm scared.
Til you decided to prioritize yourself.
Now I'm lost,
I can't find my way back to you.
But surprisingly...
I'm no longer looking for traces of your footprints.
I'm making my own home
Without you.

Like a healing wound...
Layer by layer I'm shredding off the skin.
I'll learn to face my fears all by myself.
I'll make you proud.
I'll let you see my wings.
Til we meet again...
I'll be smiling while running towards you.
And I will embrace you with these wings you asked me to use.

I painted them green and blue.
Just as you wanted those ocean's and sky's hue.
I've become your dragon with butterfly's wings.
Strength and beauty from within.

Look what I've become because of You.