Friday, September 06, 2019

Writings on the Wall



I tried reading in between the lines
But I can't see any clue.
Or was I reading too hard?
That my eyes got tired of looking for you.
So I fast forward then rewind,
Maybe I can find something behind.
But all I can see is a blind faith
Guiding me to my own fate.
I was asking for assurance,
Something to hold on to.
To give me the courage
To cross that line I drew.
But bridges burn.
And while the ember is losing that tiniest spark...
There you go igniting it again,
Yellow, red, orange in the dark.
And where can I ran to
If all the bridges lead to you.
I swear I had known love before
But I wonder why all those places felt like a rented home.
Now I know what happened all along
Because there in your heart is where I belong.
So again I asked for something to hold on.
But then He said - No, you just have to believe in me alone.