Tuesday, September 03, 2019

The Girl in the Middle



I've always believed that love is just an illusion... invented to help us get through our shitty days.
And after that, it will fly away and again, the cycle continues.
I don't believe in forevers as much as I don't believe in centaurs.
Love takes us so high so that we could fall...
For how can you fall if you ain't been up?

Oh! the art of falling!

So I learned it too good that whenever I fall... I NEVER crash...
I just land... Safe.

But you made me believe in promises even though you never even made one.
You only made me buffalo wings once and it made me fly.
You made me want to believe.
And now I want to believe that everything is true...
Even though I still have doubts...
Lots if it.
You didn't promise to stay...
But you never walked out of my life.
And I always thought that my empty chair will forever be unoccupied...
Until you came and sat beside me.
I didn't ask you to stay,
And yet, you never left me.

Call it cliche,
Call it too romantic blue...
But I feel the stars lined up for me and you.

I could paint you a thousand picture.
I could write you a thousand words.
I could give you a thousand prose to read everyday.
But how will you know that I love you?
Cause you know most of my secrets but this one for sure is new.

You are my palette in every art.
You are the sound on the tip of my fingers when I play my guitar.
You are the lense when I capture a picture.
You are the name behind my every song.

Could you be my reason to finally believe in all the unreasonable clause?
Could you make me belong finally?
Could you make me cross that line I drew a long time ago?
Could you help me finally take the risk?

To take your hand and hold it.
To touch your lips and kiss it.
To build our dreams and live it.
To look into your eyes and die in it.

Cause I'm tired of being the girl in the middle.
Being the center of attention but my eyes are set only to you.

And I hope you brought my bible with you always.
Cause I slipped my heart in one of its pages and I hope you noticed.