Sunday, March 17, 2019

March Boys



Met you one fine summer day,
Golden as the sunshine was your hair,
Keyboards and guitar was everything you care,
"We'll make it big" you always say.

We were in grade school back then,
And March boys were my friends.
I used to wear headphones and bands,
And I cried really hard when I broke my Walkman.

And I would dance day and night in your anthem.
Gazing at the stars with my small lantern.
Drawing imaginary Orion patterns,
Waiting for the rising Saturn.

But I got stuck in that endless summer,
By autumn falls and chilling winters,
With season change comes the shiver,
But I'm too attached with that single note stretched to forever.

And its been 20 years and counting,
But those memories of you are still haunting.
In the middle of nowhere I was left wandering.
To the tune of your melody my heart kept on singing.

So March boys come and gone,
And I march with them until I'm done.
To where the leaves turn red I'll run,
Underneath my heart you are my summer sun.