Monday, December 10, 2018

Listening to Dan


It's 9 am and sunrise is lovely,
I'm having my 3rd cup of coffee.
With my hair undone,
Listening to Dan.

He's got a flight to L.A.
He's got music to play.
With a song unsung
Plugged inside the van.

We waited last night
For a wishing star in sight.
For a fate unplanned,
For a ground to stand.

We didn't sleep lying on bed.
We always say we have plenty of time to do that when we're dead.
He asked - "Will you still love me even if I'm damned
To be drowned with glitters and fake charms?"

He said - "I'm lucky to have a girl beside me,
Loving me behind the spotlight that's blinding me."
As we clasp our fingers and
Promised to live hand in hand.

But he is a rockstar to be,
Until all promises became a fantasy.
Singing with his band
With a guitar on his hand.

Train said falling for a star
Won't leave you with a permanent scar.
But like grains of sand,
He is slipping from my palms.

And now I'm here at Starbucks
Having my 3rd cup of coffee to block
All my elusive bond
While listening to Dan.